- Keele Campus: visit N110 Bennett Centre or call 416-736-5297. Walk-in counselling is available from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Glendon Campus: visit Glendon Hall E103 or call 416-487-6709.
- Evenings & Weekends: call the Good2Talk helpline at 1-866-935-5454.
- Immediate safety concerns: call 911 or York Security at 416-736-5333
GradConnect Wellness Services supports the mental health and well-being of York University graduate students.
Visit The Wellness Hub for well-being resources and workshops on campus! It is located at S107 Ross, next to the lost and found, and is open on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. On Wednesdays, the hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Upcoming workshop:
- Sleep – For Better Health: Understand the four sleep stages and how sleep contributes to overall academic success. Tuesday, March 26, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sound and Moving Images Library (SMIL), Room 124 Scott Library. No registration required.
Attend Learning Skills Workshops designed to help you cope with upcoming exams and the related stress. The workshops are held at the Sound & Moving Images Library (SMIL) on the ground floor of Scott Library and are open to all York students; registration is not required. Upcoming workshops:
- Exam Prep: Learn study strategies and tips to get ready for exams, as well as effective strategies for mastering different types of exams, from multiple choice to essay style. Monday, March 25, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. and Friday, March 29, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Get on Track: Hands-on help for managing time and getting organized, to help you accomplish everything you need to at this busy time of year. Tuesday, March 26, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Memory: Learn techniques and strategies to help you zero in on, and remember, the key course concepts and information needed to accomplish your academic goals. Wednesday, March 27, 11 a.m. to noon.
- Managing Academic Stress: Practical, effective ways to handle the stresses of university life, especially at this time of year. Thursday, March 28, 11 a.m. to noon.
Read up on exam tips and tricks on the #YUBlog and the Learning Skills website. Helpful topics include: exam de-stressors and preparation techniques, study and assignment guides, essay research and much more!
Download the WellTrack app to help you deal with stress and anxiety. Track your daily mental health and access resources such as education courses, including Computerized Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CCBT) and relaxation tools. York University students can sign-up using your @my.yorku.ca email address.
Check out #YIFeel, a York International (YI) mental health awareness campaign for international students. Through video, blog posts and visual components, YI aims to initiate a dialogue about mental health among international students at York University.
Connect with your college and see if there are any events that can connect you to other students. Community support helps during stressful times!
Stop by during the Learning Skills Drop-in Sessions at the Learning Commons Welcome Desk, 2nd floor Scott Library, on Tuesdays from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and/or Thursdays from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Schedule a Peer Academic Coaching session with a Learning Skills Peer for individual support. These half-hour sessions are by appointment-only on Tuesdays from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Visit the Mental Health and Wellness website for more resources, tools and tips for students. York is committed to a mentally healthy campus. Let’s keep the conversation going! #YUMentalHealth
Have your say about smoking on campus! Complete the survey and provide your input before the survey closes on Monday, April 1.
This Week @ York for Week of March 25, 2019
Have you started the LGBTQ2S+ campus climate survey? If so, complete the survey before Thursday, April 30. “Thriving on Campus Survey” is an Ontario-wide, bilingual, LGBTQ2S+ campus climate study and the results will inform efforts to foster the acceptance of LGBTQS+ students and promote their wellbeing and academic success. Check out the website to learn more.
Exploring Open Education Workshop: Discover the exciting world of open education during this lunch and learn session brought to you by York University Libraries. Lunch is provided. Wednesday, March 27, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Kaneff 519
Submit a proposal to present at the 10th Annual Peer Leader Conference. This year’s theme is Fostering Inclusive Leadership and will include a prize raffle as well as feature a keynote address from Joseph Smith, Co-Creator of Non-Profit "Generation Chosen.” Deadline for submission: Friday, March 29. Submit your proposal here.
Interested in creating a startup? Apply for the Launch YU Experience program! LaunchYU has partnered with the School of Administrative Studies and the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies (LA&PS) for this exciting four-month program that helps students gain experience building and launching a startup during the summer. Deadline for applications is Sunday, March 31.