SU Term courses start today, June 17!
The last date to add a course without permission of an instructor for the S2 term is June 21.
Convocation ceremonies are running from June 7 to June 21! To help you get ready for Convocation, we’ve created a pre-Convocation checklist and day-of tips.
Please submit your Fall OSAP application and all required documents by June 30 to receive your funds at the beginning of the Fall term.
For a list of all important summer dates, please visit the Important Dates calendar.
This Week @ York for Week of June 17, 2019
#YUPride Events this week:
- BBQ & Flag Drop. Join the Centre for Human Rights, Equity & Inclusion, TBLGAY and the YFS in the Food Court of the Student Centre for presentations and to celebrate the dropping of the flag (at 3:30 p.m.). Following the flag drop, there will be food, games and other activities – we hope to see you there! Tuesday, June 18, 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., Student Centre (Food Court)
- T-Shirt & Banner Making. Drop by the TBLGAY office (449A in the Student Centre) to make and design t-shirts! If you prefer to work on a banner, visit the YFS in Vari Hall for banner making. Wednesday, June 19, 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Student Centre 449A for T-Shirts with TBLGAY, Vari Hall for Banners with YFS
- Roundtable Discussion “Arts, Media and Pride 2019.” Attend the TBLGAY’s event to participate in a discussion about the experiences of 2SLGBTQIAP community members through artistic mediums! Thursday, June 20, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Student Centre 307
Regenesis Cycle York + YOC Group Rides. Attend Regenesis’ Cycle York event on Tuesday and learn how to ride a bike – beginners welcome! If you can’t make it on Tuesday, you can also check out their Group Ride every Friday! Registration required. Tuesday, June 18, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, June 21, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The Career Centre has relaunched their T.A.S.T.E. Mentoring Program on the new Experience York platform! This program pairs students with a York U grad over an informal meeting to provide the student with an opportunity to gain inside information and inspiration from someone who's been there.
Learn more about the program and how to enrol on the T.A.S.T.E. website.
Webinar: Ways to Make Money While Studying. Learn about a variety of sources for on- or off-campus employment and understand how to tap into the “hidden” job market. Registration required. Tuesday, June 18, 10 a.m. to noon
Webinar: How to Effectively Use LinkedIn. Wondering how to leverage LinkedIn’s features to build your professional network? Attend this webinar and find out! Registration required. Wednesday, June 19, 10 a.m. to noon
Workshop: Who Am I? Attend the workshop and play a fun and interactive board game to explore your personality, interests, skills, accomplishments, desires and career curiosities! Registration required. Thursday, June 20, 9 a.m. to noon
Coffee Break @ The Global Café: Join York International for a Coffee Break in the Global Café! Meet new and old friends, ask senior students and York International staff questions about York U or Toronto and relax and enjoy a treat and beverage. Tuesday, June 18 and Thursday, June 20, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. The Global Café, 244 York Lanes
Construction on Campus: York University is preparing for some transformative construction projects on the Keele campus this spring. The University apologizes for any inconvenience during the construction period. To learn more, visit the construction website.
- Victor Phillip Dahdaleh Building – Exterior panel replacement
- School of Continuing Studies – New Building Construction
- James Gilles Roadway Realignment
- The Quad – Phase 2
Changes to Parking/Outstanding Tickets: Effective July 2019, the University will be changing its campus parking enforcement process to improve efficiency, effectiveness and fairness to everyone using York U’s parking operations. Before the new process takes effect, the University is offering individuals with outstanding tickets an opportunity to settle their accounts by way of a ticket relief program, available until September 2019. Be on the lookout for an email from Parking @ York. Learn more at http://parking.info.yorku.ca/